AIDS Frequently Asked Questions
- What is AIDS?
- What causes AIDS?
- What is the Difference Between HIV and AIDS?
- How long does it take for HIV to cause AIDS?
- What’s the connection between HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases?
- How many people have HIV and AIDS?
Symptoms / How I can tell:
- How can I tell if I’m infected with HIV?
- What are the Symptoms of HIV?
- What are the Symptoms of AIDS?
Transmission / Prevention:
- How is HIV Transmitted?
- Can I get HIV from oral sex?
- Can I get HIV from kissing?
- Can I get HIV from casual contact (shaking hands, hugging, using a toilet, drinking from the same glass, or the sneezing and coughing of an infected person)?
- Can a woman give HIV to a man during vaginal intercourse?
- How effective are latex condoms in preventing HIV?
- Where can I get tested for HIV infection?
- What if I test HIV positive?
- How long after a possible exposure should I be tested for HIV?
- When do you know for sure that you are not infected with HIV?
- What is the difference between an Anonymous and a Confidential Test?
- Which test should I have done: Anonymous or Confidential?
- I have heard there are many different types of HIV tests. How do I know which one I should take?
- What do test results mean?
- If I test positive, does that mean that I will die?
- If I test HIV negative does that mean that my partner is HIV negative also?
- I’m HIV positive. Where can I go for information about treatments?